Let’s talk about getting it right in 2015. Is anyone else on a health kick? Truthfully, I started my ‘healthier lifestyle’ around Christmas- but let’s be real, I think it’s easier to officially dedicate New Year’s Day as a clean slate, especially with holiday diets.
This health conscious road is one I’ve traveled often, however I think it’s safe to say I’ve been on a detour for the last year! So back on the road I go.
If you’re on the journey with me, this smoothie is for you. This is my go to smoothie in the mornings when time is not on my side.
If you aren’t used to drinking green, don’t let the color of this kale smoothie fool you- the pear and orange juice add bit of sweetness to the kale and spinach. I don’t like to waste ingredients on multiple servings of smoothie for one, so I blended mine with the single serving Ninja Blender cup. So this recipe is listed for a single serving- but if you know you’re going to want more or are serving more than one, just double the ingredients and blend in a larger blender.
- 1 handful of Kale, stems removed
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 a pear, cubed with skins removed
- 1/2 a large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of orange juice (if you prefer all natural, use some freshly squeezed orange juice) (add more or less depending on the consistency you want.)
- To make my smoothie well blended, I combined the orange juice, kale and spinach together first. Blend those ingredients for until well incorporated and smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add in pear cubes and banana slices, blend for about another 45 seconds.
- Enjoy your smoothie in a to-go cup on your way to work, or in your own home!
Are you getting fit in 2015 and why?