If you read my post reflecting on 2014, you already know that it was quite the year for me! So, although this is a few days late, I’m focusing on what this beautiful new year will bring me- hey, better late than never, right? I know I listed these as ‘goals’ but I’m using that word loosely: of course, I will recognize these bullet points as goals, but I’m also focusing on a lifestyle change in many different ways. In addition to fitness and life goals/changes, I’m also putting a lot of focus into blog and business goals. Let’s get to it!
2015 Resolutions for Health + Wellness:
1. Exercise: There’s really no excuse that I can’t get back in shape. If you didn’t know, I was like SUPER SUPER in shape this time last year- I’m talking running about four miles five times a week, doing Crossfit, etc. But, life happens and after my deployment, I just kept vacationing and eating and one thing led to another and I just simply lost my discipline. Along with losing my fitness determination, I gained a LOT of weight, quite literally, I ballooned. I guess one good thing is that I learned to love my body the way it was, and I love food so, I was happy. But, I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes- so keeping my weight in check and monitoring what I put into my body wouldn’t be such a horrible idea. So, for 2015, I pledge to be active 3 to 4 times a week– for me, being active means walking and taking the subway instead of taking my car. Being active means starting the morning off with yoga and pretending I’m back in the Army and set myself to a standard of doing pushups, sit-ups and a two mile run everyday. Being active for me also means stretching and everything else in between.
2. Liquids and Diet: I’m really pretty good at drinking water, but I want to make sure I’m hitting 64 ounces daily. I also want to reduce my coffee intake to once a week and replace my caffeine fix with green tea. I used to drink tea all the time and I love tea, so I’m excited to get back into drinking it. As for diet, I want to pay attention to what I’m putting into my body. I already eat a lot of fruit and veggies but want to double my intake, add more color to my meals and reduce carbs and bread whenever and wherever I can. I’m interested in the paleo diet but I’m not really interested in restricting myself TOO much- so I would like to try to introduce paleo-like diet tendencies without fully committing- yet anyways.
3. Morning Meditation and Stretching: I’ve been doing a lot of yoga lately and I can already tell a difference in the way I carry myself and how I feel less achey. I definitely pledge to continue my yoga practices daily, but want to add doing wake up sun salutation sessions and stretching.
4. Positive Reflections: Getting into shape is one thing, but if you aren’t mentally fit, you can’t fight the battle – sorry that’s the Soldier coming out of me! But this mantra is so true. In 2015, I pledge to stop comparing myself to others and focus more on the positive things I’m doing in my life with those close ones around me. I also pledge to reflect on three positive things that filled my day or things I’m grateful for every night before I go to sleep.
5. Sleep Sleep Sleep! As adults, we need more of it. My schedule is pretty crazy right now- some weeks I’m working everyday and weekends on house flipping, then other days I’m back in New York. One thing I can be consistent with is my sleep. I pledge to be in bed with book in hand/NO SCREENS by 10:30pm and be up by 8:00am.
2015 Resolutions for my Blog + Career:
1. Consistency is Key: I really need to be more consistent with posting here! Somedays I have a bunch of posts lined up, and then I get busy and let life take over and not post. Well, I need to stop that! I really want to grow was a blogger this year- I think 2015 will be my year to do that! But in order to grow my readership, I need to be more consistent with my posting schedule. So for you, my reader, and for me- I pledge to be a consistent poster for this blog!
2. Add the Style to Life: I’m a lifestyle blog. Lifestyle includes style- a topic I rarely post about on this blog. I love fashion and style and I want to show off my personal style through posts. Honestly, I’m really self-conscious in front of the camera and I’m not used to getting my photo taken. I PREFER to be BEHIND the camera! But I pledge to start adding more style posts to this blog and get over my fear of being in front of the camera.
3. Ask For What I Want and Seize Opportunities: Exactly. I need to elevate my blogging game and start asking for what I want, doing more research on how to do what I want and do it. There are so many opportunities out there for me, especially living in New York City, and I need to start creating those opportunities for me and asking for what I want and deserve.
4. Update my Media Kit and Resume: Hopefully this is on everyone’s list- this is so important for both blogging and your career.
5. Improve My Media and Add Variety: I personally feel like I finally have my food styling down, but I always see where I need to improve. I would like to continue the path I’m on with photography but also improve my skill tremendously. I also would like to improve my writing and copy editing. I’m guilty of just typing, doing a couple read throughs and pushing ‘publish.’ I would like to improve my writing a little more, along with my grammar. As far as adding variety to my blog, I am working on a lot more ‘lifestyle inspired’ posts. I have to admit that my first year of blogging was heavily based on food and recipes. I’ll be adding more variety when it comes to my blog in 2015.
2015 Resolutions for Life:
1. See more of NYC: Um, I live here and I have BARELY scratched the surface of this amazing city!! So, in 2015 I pledge to explore more of my city.
2. Going Back Overseas: This time, WITHOUT the military or deployments! Jay and are are planning a trip to Paris, Spain and somewhere tropical in 2015. Stay tuned!
3. Close Dad’s Chapter: If you didn’t know, I lost my father in the summer of 2014. So far, I’ve been flipping his home to sell and closing out his estate- all a process of it’s own. It will be SO BITTERSWEET to close that chapter by selling the home, but it needs to be done and I feel that a lot of stress will be alleviated.
I know, these are a lot of goals/resolutions!! But I’ve actually printed out a couple copies of this list and posted them on my fridge and bulletin board to keep me motivated. What are some of your major 2015 resolutions?