Source: Merchant Design
The holidays are just about here! While you may be busy wrapping and sending out those last gifts, I wanted to share 10 ways to be mindful this holiday season, hoping that you’ll be reminded to relax and relish in the warmth of family and friends. Enjoy your time off and keep these tips in mind:
- Be grateful for your family and friends and their web of support they have for you. Your family and friends are your backbone. Remind them that you love them and you’re thankful to have them in your life.
- Don’t hesitate to indulge in the finer (read: unhealthy) things- with a limit of course. Holidays were made for cheat days- have your cake (and booze) and eat it (drink it) too.
- Revel in the merriment and joyousness of the holiday season. Be more excited about giving gifts than receiving them.
- Take the time to unwind and calm your mind, body and soul. Enjoy your time off from work and take some well needed R&R.
- Work on simple tasks that are relaxing. For me, it’s organizing and filing paperwork and doing laundry.
- Have a good conversation, or get to know someone. Take advantage of your friend of a friend’s holiday party by chatting up some new people.
- If you’re alone for the holidays, relish with your own company, or volunteer. Enjoy some you time, or donate your time by helping at a clothing or food drive.
- Exercise. Or, at least try to. Even if you just spend 15 minutes every morning meditating and stretching.
- Practice positive thinking and focus on your self worth. Remind yourself that you’re worth it.
- Most importantly, be still and be present. Breathe and realize that you’re alive! Don’t forget to enjoy life’s little moments.
Have a Merry Christmas!